Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Top 10 Overdone Halloween Costumes

So Halloween is this weekend, and I know at least 80% of my friends are either a) still trying to figure out what they want to be or b) still making their costume. I am happy to say that most of my friends this year have gotten a bit more creative with our costumes than last year, but I keep talking to girls in my classes and at work and I realize that its hard to be original with your costume. Thats why I've come up with the top 10 list of costumes to avoid for Halloween because they are just WAY overdone:

10) Police Officer:

First of all, the poor girl has almost a severe case of cameltoe. No one's boobs would look good in that, and 95% of the girls who buy these costumes are not even near the weight/height proportions of the model. Also, if you spill/sweat even the slightest in that one, its gonna be bad news for you. Nix the whole idea, cops aren't even cool.

9) Nurse:

This costume pisses me off because when I first saw it, I thought I was looking at a ballerina. Aw how cute, oh wait thats supposed to be A NURSE? Last time I checked, most nurses wore scrubs with Spongebob Squarepants decorated all over it. Maybe even some crocs! I guess this is an "old school" nurse, modeled after the WWII biddies who took care of our soldiers, but even then I'm damn near positive none of them looked like that. The nerve!!

8) Beer Girl:

This costume was probably awesome right after Beer Fest came out, but now its over done. What the hell is a Beer Girl anyway? I've seen this one at least 8 billion times in the past 2 halloweens, and its still not cool. Next!

7) Cat/mouse/anything with ears worn with lingerie:

I am not a fan of anything that requires animal ears and lingerie, so this of course makes the list. I guess the whole idea is based off of the Playboy Bunnies, but this bitch doesnt even have bunny ears on! Cat ears? Sure. Mouse ears? I guess. Bat ears? Maybe so! I don't like that I can't pin it down to one animal so this one needs to go.

6) Hermione from Harry Potter:

Okay I'll admit...this one was pretty original...when Harry Potter first came out! Its been quite a few years...Daniel Radcliffe is now showing his shlong in Broadway plays, that shows you how long ago it was since he first played HP on the big screen. Pretty sure his voice hadn't even cracked yet. This is cute, but old. No one will be impressed.

5) Cowgirl:

The only props I give this one is that many girls can make this with clothes they already own (hence, not having to drop $65 on a piece of polyester they'll wear once). However, if everyone got a nickel for every time a girl wore this for halloween (or basically jean shorts, any top, and a cowboy hat) I think everyone would have tuition paid for by now. Save it for the theme parties, y'all.

4) Maid:

This one is kind of hard for me to add, because I actually own one. BUT! In my own defense, it was a costume for a dance recital I was in a few years ago, and its no where near as slutty as some of these are. But really, the french maid bit has been overdone since I was one in 2nd grade for our Halloween parade at school (not a slutty one, FYI).

3) Bug/Bee/Anything with wings and a tu-tu:

This goes along with the animal ears one. Just because you put on a tutu, a pair of wings, and maybe even some antennas should not count as anything original. Unless you come up with your own alien creature, or maybe theres some ancient bug that actually includes a tutu in its shell, just forget this one. Its been done. You'll probably be dressed like 8 other girls at the part youre going to anyway.

2) Slutty schoolgirl:

I can pinpoint the exact moment this costume took off. "Hit me baby one more time" anyone? It pains me to say this...but that was 10 years ago. 10 years ago! This is another one of those "Oh I have a skirt and a button-up and even some knee-high socks so I'll make a costume" costume and you might as well not even participate in Halloween if this is what you are going to do. I will admit though, if you need something last minute, this one would be easy to do. And speaking of easy...

1) Britney Spears

SO WHAT! So what she became painfully unappealing to the eye after shaving her head bald? So what she was spotted eating cheetos with her baby flung over one shoulder and walking barefoot into the Shell station bathroom?? So what she married someone with the intelligence of a furby!? I still love her, and I forgave her! You know who else forgave her? JESUS. So before you think of making her the butt of your halloween joke, maybe consider that she has FEELINGS and is a PERSON! Now these girls right here...these girls have the right idea. Lets honor a legend, not mock her!!


True Americans, these ladies are...true Americans.

1 comment:

Kendall said...

I've never actually seen the Hermione costume outside of little girls wearing it. Wonder how I missed that one.

Ohh Britney, you've been mocked ruthlessly for quite a while now. Glad to see she's starting to pick herself back up.

- Kendall